Friday, June 26, 2009

Buffalo Springs 70.3

Sorry there are no exciting pictures. I have them, I just really have no time to get them up. I will do that when I get back.

I head out tomorrow for Lubbock, TX for the race on Sunday. Tri Bike Express picked up my bike last night and it should be waiting for me at the host hotel when I get off the plane. I have been doing a lot of workouts in the gruling Texas heat and I feel ready. My plan is to finish hydrated and feeling good. If that means I take longer than normal to finish a half IM, then so be it. It has been over 100 degrees here for the last week in Houston and I know that I will have to slow my pace down on the run.

I have been hard at work getting my kid's triathlon off the ground. There are some interesting details about that, but I will have to save that for another post. Being a Race Director, even for a little event is not an easy job.

Ok, I have to get to bed so I can be up early in the morning to head to the airport and meet up with Greyhound. They have not given out race numbers online so if you happen by Ironman.com and look for the athlete tracker on the Buffalo Springs 70.3 race you will just have to look me up by last name--Garcia.

I will get a race report out on Monday or Tuesday.

Later Gators,

Liz

1 comment:

LittleRachet said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!