Sunday, April 29, 2012

When You Hug Sharks, You Might Get Bit

I have been hugging sharks of late.  Some might call it playing with fire, or pushing the envelope.  Whatever you call it, there comes a time when you get bit...or burnt....or a painful paper cut.  There is always going to be someone standing nearby who is more than happy to crow, "I told you so." Look, I knew I was skating on thin ice.  I was just trying to keep it together before the wheels fell off.  I'm sure I can still pull it together and it will all work out, but for now, just keep your comments to yourself and stand back and give me some room to work.

It is not easy trying to be the super hero for everyone especially when you come in contact with your kryptonite.  But my problem is that I don't know what my kryptonite is.  I have been trying to figure that out since last August when I was not involved in a strange genetic mutation, but rather a car accident.  That accident altered my human existence in such a way that has left doctors stumped, friends rolling their eyes at me, and me totally frustrated.  I'm going to keep from burdening the reader with all my whinny complaints and just say that I am sick and tired of it and I'm not going to take it anymore!

So, if in the next weeks and months you think that I might have fallen off the face of the earth, I haven't.  I'm still here, but the research lab is not open for tours.  If you feel like I have snubbed you in some way by not getting back to you, don't take it personally.  I probably need to focus more on getting healthy, or whatever.  If you feel like I am one crazy b--ch, I probably am.  Right now I do kind of feel like I am a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

They best way to help me out is to periodically remind me that you believe in me or some stupid positive mind babble like that.  I know I do decent job but sometimes I forget that and I feel like I can't do much right other than getting the trash out to the curb on time.  I even struggle with that some weeks.  There is that saying on the side of a bag I have that tells me to do one thing a day that scares me.  Trust me, I have been doing that everyday.  I hate living scared when I am doing it on my own.  Just tell me that you've got my back.

More to come as soon as I figure it out...

Later Gators,

Liz

1 comment:

Christi said...

I have got your back! I will be here for you whenever you need it. I know I am in Colorado but I am great at providing moral support. Just ask all my friends and family!

Hit me up by any means possible and I will be there!