Sunday, November 4, 2007

I made the cut!


Man, time has been flying by for me here as I wind it down to the Ford Ironman 70.3 World Chapmionships next Saturday. I got a pretty amazing phone call last Thursday. I was in the parking lot of the bike shop to get my bike and I got a phone call from the Ironman PR department. They said that they go through the applications for the Championships in Kona and Clearwater and look for athletes with interesting stories and backgrounds and they were calling to let me know that they had picked me as one of the athletes they would like to profile. Shazam!!! What an honor!

I have an interview set up for Friday at noon and I have to show up in training clothing so that they can also get footage of me running and training. I don't know all of the details on where this interview is going to go, but I will keep everyone informed. I don't know if this means that I am one of the Human Interest stories that NBC uses for their coverage of the race. Now I get to feel like a human billboard. Team in Training wants me to wear the logo front and center, Power Bar would like me to have the logo prominently displayed since I am a Team Elite member, my coach mentioned that when it was convenient to mention his name in the interview, the bike shop wants a pic of me by something that shows the race logo while I am wearing one of the shops team jerseys. I am sure that when I tell the sports docs they will want me to wear the logo as well.

I have started my packing and I fly to Tampa on Wednesday afternoon. I did my last brick workout today and things should be winding down now as I prepare to head to the race. It is bed time and I have to focus on good sleep this week so I am signing out for now.

More details as they come available!

Liz

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

Liz, best of luck at the ironman! I'll be watching for you on TV. GO TEAM!