Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Way too many updates!

To say that I have been busy is an understatement. I am behind on my posting and I have good stuff to post about. So, in an effort to get caught up and get stuff down before I forget about it, today is "60 Words Or Less" topic day. Here it goes!

1. On April 4th, Buddy had his Swim-a-thon with his swim team/club. He had to swim as many laps as he could in 2 hours. My super-star kid cracked out 200 lengths of the pool. For those that are not quick on the calculations, that is 100 x 50 yards, or 50 x 100 yds. Yes, that is 5,000 yards!!! My 10 year-old cracked out a longer swim than an Ironman swim leg!!!


2. I met a cool gal when I was at the Disney Princess half marathon. Stef Fisher has a little company that takes old race numbers, heat sheets, race shirts, and other stuff and makes tote bags out of them. Her company is called Mile22 and she was nice enough to send me six of her bags so that I could show them off to other people and get her some orders. Take a look at what she has at her website. The best part is that she is going to donate 25% of the sales I made for her to Team in Training!


3. My tri buddy Ryan had his knee surgery to repair his ACL last Thursday. He is still in a lot of pain. I took him and his dad a diner of a salad, baked ziti, and home made tiramisu. Ryan hopes to be able to be back on his crutches to help cheer the TNT tri TEAM as they run the Blue Bell 10K this weekend. Best part about the run...all the free Blue Bell Ice Cream you can eat at the finish line!


4. Last Friday I got a special opportunity to do a bike ride with Greyhound. He invited me out to ride with him and two of his friends. I was going on a new route which is always cool and I felt great out on our 3+ hour ride. My heart rate stayed low and I was cracking out some good consistent 20+ mph speed. Thanks for the invite Greyhound!


5. I am feeling better. It is like peeling back the layers on an onion finding out about all of my allergies and weird symptoms. I have found out that I am very reactive to anesthesia. Most of my strange symptoms started back in the fall of 2006 when I had my knee surgery. There were other things that happened after the surgery that was like adding more heavy boxes on a shaky card table. Heavy race schedules, foods that I am allergic to, stress of dealing with a hurricane and the clean up, and a round of antibiotics for a sinus infection sent me into a state where I was suffering with symptoms very close to CFS and my liver, adrenal glands, and thyroid were severely malfunctioning. I am on the path to wellness and it is a long haul. I am just glad I am starting to feel better. Sorry, that was more than 60 words.


6. This weekend I have the Houston to Austin MS-150 ride. I am riding with Greyhound and some of his friends. Our honored Teammate is Mrs. Greyhound who I do personal training with. Mrs. Greyhound is a great lady and I really enjoy working with her. Pedaling 180 miles, most of it in one day, and raising some money is the least I can do.


Ok, there is the update! Later Gators,

Liz

5 comments:

LittleRachet said...

Busy girl!!! Glad you are feeling better! That Blue Bell run sounds like a good deal. That canceled half marathon was supposed to have fee beer and smoothies at the end. All-you-can-eat would be just as awesome!

BreeWee said...

whoa, 150 miles.... have so much fun, I am eager to hear about that adventure!

Hope you get better soon and that you figure out all the stuff happening with your body, take care of you!!

TNTcoach Ken said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TNTcoach Ken said...

I hate you and your stupid nice weather. This weekend will be the first outside bike ride for me. I'm going to try and crank out 10 miles..... Ha

Rainmaker said...

Enjoy the long ride this weekend with the hound!