Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ka-Ching!!!


Yes, I would like to make a deposit. In my Ironman Cozumel account. Yes...yes, I don't need to withdraw anything today. No, I will pass on the sucker. Thanks anyways.

Deposit:

1 Interval workout on the bike trainer of 5 x 6 minutes at Zone 5a with 3 minute recoveries.

1 2-hour run in the 64 degree rainy Houston weather. Zone 2-3.

I got this message from my coach yesterday...


Hi Elizabeth
Your next twelve weeks is up.
This takes you through build, peak and taper (1wk) for IM and recovery
weeks after. The plan is not too high in endurance but it is
demanding. Please make sure you are eating enough in these weeks up to
IM to support your training program. You should be pretty fast going
into IM.
Let me know if you have any questions on the plan.
Hope all's well.


"The Push" is here. I have a feeling that I am going to be seeing more of Zone 5a on a regular basis. I am tired and sore all the time. This morning I talked to a friend of mine who is racing Arizona the week before Cozumel and he said he is tired and sore all the time as well. I better get used to this. Ok, I had breakfast one after the bike intervals and breakfast 2 after the run. It is now time for lunch. Hey, Coach said to eat.

Later Gators,

Liz

2 comments:

LittleRachet said...

I'm right there with ya. Tired and sore all the time. The account is filling up, and I will be ready to cash out on Nov 29!

We still need to figure out a time to meet up in Coz!!

Trishie said...

Made a pretty big deposit myself this weekend -- 2.4 mi swim and 112 mi bike on saturday and a 10 mi run on sunday. appx. 2 months to go !!