And today is my USA Triathlon Birthday!!! Today I turn 40 years old!!! When other people are lying about their age and taking drastic measures to make themselves appear younger than they really are through medical intervention and Spanxs, I am embracing my completion of four decades of life and I am excited about what the next four decades will bring. Today I move up an age group and hopefully I may have a shot to move out of the back of the pack to the middle of the pack. Today I have been racing long enough to have been in three different age groups. Today I will throw my name into the Kona lottery. Today I will start my new training plan with my coach that will focus on running so that I can bring my running up to par with my swimming and my biking. Today is exciting!
So what are my goals for 2010? They are not what you might think.
- Race local--unless I get a Kona slot in the lottery I may not be racing outside of Houston.
- Overcome my fear of baking bread. I will master it!
- Become a better runner and hit a 4:00 marathon goal. That is taking 30 minutes off!
- Become SCUBA certified with my son--FUN!!!
- Apply for and complete a USA Triathlon Level II Coaching Certification and a NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist Certification.
I have some plans for this blog as well. I want to be more consistent with my posting and I will be adding some special features that some of you may enjoy checking in on. I am not letting the cat out of the bag just yet on what those features are but be looking for them in the upcoming days and weeks.
Until my next post, have a great day and you stay classy San Diego,