Sunday, January 31, 2010

Real Quick

This was a busy weekend and I had lots of fun along with a lot of work to finish. That said, I will give a longer post tomorrow with pictures but the highlight of the weekend was that I ran in the Bill Crews Remission Run 5K honoring my good friend Bill who I ran the Goofy Challenge in honor of. I still had the bum knee and right now it is killing me but according to the final results I placed first in my age group and 6th overall out of the women. That NEVER happens when my name and running come up in the same sentence. NEVER!!! I am not sure what happened on Saturday morning but I guess my Bear Naked Chocolate Granola was the secret to all my energy.

Ok, I have work (the PT kind) today and a deadline (Oly tri training plan) that I have to meet by 4:30 this afternoon so I will flesh out all the details later.

Have a great day!

Liz

6 comments:

o2bhiking said...

Wow - congratulations. If I were the only one in my age group I would finish first but that is the only way that would happen. What a great accomplishment. Art

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Congrats Lady!!!!! You are amazing!

Christi said...

Congratulations on your race! I am awe-inspired!

Regina said...

Hope your knee feels better. I think chocolate anything could work as my secret weapon.

way to go!

Rainmaker said...

6th? Holy cow. Freakin awesome.

Btw, thanks for the card, came in over the weekend. I appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

Seeing these kind of posts reminds me of just how technology truly is omnipresent in this day and age, and I am fairly confident when I say that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as memory becomes cheaper, the possibility of transferring our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about all the time.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978023679]nintendo dsi r4i[/url] DS SeKu)