Sunday, May 23, 2010

Yup, it's hot out...

I am sure you can figure out what part of my sweaty self left that mark on the driveway. It is now officially summer here in the Gulf Coast region of Texas. Temps have been in the high 80's and low 90's for the past few weeks and the humidity has been high as the breeze flows in from off shore.

I had my first summer chill today. We ran up to the local taco hut for some chow because we were pretty hot and messy looking and I did not feel like cooking. When we walked inside, the air conditioning was on full blast. When you are hot and sweaty the initial feeling is awesome but by the time you order your tacos, you are chilled and shivering. We had to go sit on the patio outside to eat because it was too cold inside.

I took Bud shopping for new running shoes today. I am not sure how the kid has been jamming his feet into his current shoes. I had him in a pair of women's stability New Balance shoes size 8 because he has flat feet and they don't make kid's shoes with that kind of stability. Well today we had to get him women's size 9 1/2 Saucony shoes. I could have gotten him men's Asics size 8, but I did not want to spend $125 for them. So, cheap-o mom took the other ones that were on sale for $62. If he grows out of them in the next few weeks, I can have his cast off shoes. What a bargain!

Later gators,

Liz

3 comments:

Regina said...

Now that is thinking! Even in that heat your were able to formulate a smart money saving plan, well done! My son grows out of everything faster than I can keep up.

Don't send your heat up this way just yet. I'm not ready!

Christi said...

We actually had some warm weather in Colorado this weekend. Not Houston warm but I will take what we got!

Great bargain shopping mom! Kids grow so fast you have do things like that.

Have a great week!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Aren't you accustom to that type of heat? We're getting it up here in the High-Five state also.