Life has gotten in the way. I neglected this blog and I have probably neglected myself in the process. Here is a brief follow up from the last post I made seven or eight months ago to get you caught up on what kind of mess I have been dealing with:
- My secret project was learning how to play the violin. I had my first concert in November. It is humbling and exciting. I sound awful.
- The kid failed Algebra I and took summer school and made an 86. His comment, "It makes so much sense now, that it is easy." We had a bad teacher.
- Three walls of our dining room were torn out to replace studs eaten by termites. What a mess.
- July saw the resignation of the band director and things were up in the air for summer band to start in two weeks.
- The kid got an AWESOME band director. He has done great things with the kids.
- My dad finished his chemotherapy and started his slow recovery back to normal and cancer free.
- I started CrossFit and I kind of like it.
- School started and my stress level jumped up at least five notches.
- October. Meh. The kid fails World History AP.
- I start coaching again and get a nifty job as a virtual coach.
- I think I ran a few times in October and November.
- My kid's friend from band is diagnosed with leukemia.
- December left me stressed out to stay on top of the kid to get his work done and help keep him on track for finals. I think we passed. I'm too chicken shit to look at the online grades. It is what it is. I cannot change the past.
And now it is 2014 and do I have anything to show for it other than stress tics in my left eyelid and a jacked up neck? Personally, no. However, my dad is back to doing the things he enjoys. My kid made Region Band. I haven't killed anyone with my cooking or burnt the house down trying to decorate the Christmas tree.
BUT NOW IT IS 2014:
I started today with a CrossFit workout that, at the end of the day, I was able to get the fastest time out of eight groups at the prescribed workout. I have someplace to go to next week that is starting to excite me. I have not had a vacation since that crazy Carnival Cruise last January. I am in need of a vacation. Bad.
There is a shimmer of hope that this year will be much better than last year. Let's see if I can make more than one post for this year. I am back to being slow but I am still determined.