I have a class to teach in 4 hours and 15 minutes and I cannot get to sleep. It is going to kill me later today. This is not what I need the few days before Longhorn 70.3 and with lots of stuff still left to do. I am sure that I cannot sleep because I know I have lots to do.
But here are some random thoughts...
1. I look like an idiot in my Aero helmet. I feel like a poser in it as well. When you show up to the race with that thing on it screams "Hey! I'm fast!" Well, my last few races with that thing on I have not had stelar bike splits. They are good bike splits, but nothing super special or super impressive. I guess the fact that eats at me is the large amount of people who pass me up on the bike course and what they must be thinking as they blow by me. I think it is something along the lines of, "That helmet is not helping much now is it?"
DOES THIS HELMET MAKE ME LOOK FAST???
2. Why am I having so much trouble trying to get a power meter for my bike? I started out with a Polar and the thing was not working and Polar asked for it back. I got an SRM and it went blank on me during a workout and won't charge up any more. I have to take it in to the shop because the sensors are on the chain rings but it is too close to the race to do without my bike. So now I have to get another bike computer just so I have speed and cadence.
3. I cannot download any of my Polar run files to Training Peaks because I have a Mac. I have a PC, but it won't let me do anything on it anymore because I filled up the memory with my iTunes files. I am a technology dummy.
4. Why does the Klondike card game on my iPod have music that plays in the background that sounds like it should be part of the Boogie Nights soundtrack? What is up with that?
5. Will my child ever eat vegetables? I put them in front of him and they get scooted around the plate and then his father yells at him for not eating them and basically force feeds the kid and he gags. My step mom has the magic touch and has gotten him to eat asparagus, cauliflower, corn, potatoes, and yams. I guess I don't have the magic touch.
6. Will I ever stop itching? My doctor and my allergist have asked me in the last month if I have made all the changes in my house to make it a better environment to live in. These changes include getting rid of the carpet and padding in the house. This has not been done. El Esposo says that having the carpets cleaned 3 to 4 times a year is good enough. I don't know anymore. I am scratching myself raw. I would hate to loose the carpet and have the house echo but the itching is bad.
Ok, I am still not tired, but I am going to try to go back to bed...