Thursday, November 6, 2008

Karma, Karma, Karma, Karma...


KARMA CHAMELEON!

My lucky garden chameleon, Boy George, stopped by my front door today to check in and let me know he is still around. I let him eat all the mosquitos he wants and he lets me take pictures of him. He is gotten pretty big. He is now about 8 inches long from nose to tail. When he was smaller and only about three inches long, he got in the house and I found him sunning in the front window. I talked him into letting me take him back outside and he was a good sport and did not jump off my hand and make a break for it as we headed to the door. As you can see from the picture, he is feeling brown but some days when I see him he is bright lime green. He always brings a smile to my face and my kid likes to leave him little bits of orange pulp out on our front porch.

Well, as I am tapering for the San Antonio Rock n' Roll marathon in 10 days I am a little antsy. I could not stand it any longer yesterday when I woke up on my own with out the alarm at 5 am. I got my running gear on and went out for a run without my GPS on or without turning on my heart rate monitor. I just needed to get out because I was feeling like a huge slug. It was one of the best runs that I have had in a long time! It was FUN and it was relaxed. I ran and did not push hard but I am sure that I knocked out 6 miles in that 50 minutes. The temps were perfect. The dew point was high so there was some fog hanging in the air and it kept the 65 degree temps cool and comfortable.

All right, I am back to sitting on my butt again.

Have a great day!

Liz

6 comments:

Viv said...

Yea, get that needed rest, but it is nice just to run for fun with no pre set goals!

boy George is cute...man you got me thinking that lill chameleon when in a dark alley he would have his way with me.

Rainmaker said...

Running without a HRM or watch is always great. I love doing that in the offseason.

TNTcoach Ken said...

I love that you had FUN, that's what it's all about.....

Benson said...

Cool Karma.
If I had a super power,
I'd like to be able to change colors to disappear into my surroundings.

Steve Stenzel said...

Nice taper run!!

And now I have Boy George in my head, so thanks. Thanks for that.

Jen said...

Isn't he cute?
Glad to know I am not the only one around who actually cares about the lizards in the yard. I won't even use my outdoor chiminea because there's a whole lizard family that has moved in! I have been afraid to use it for two years now! Do I need help? :)